IBM Designer in AUSTIN, Texas
IBM Brand Experience & Design (BXD) is responsible for the sophistication, strategic evolution and expression of the IBM brand and sub-brands across every experience and encounter, internally and externally. We represent and support all IBM businesses horizontally and vertically. Our work crosses nearly every category of output: research, positioning and strategy, communications and content development, systems design, digital and physical experiences, tools and training. Our goal is to lead the modernity, relevance, tangibility and understanding of the IBM brand globally.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, self-starting, multi-disciplinary Designer who is passionate about ideas, about IBM, and about making an impact, and who is looking to work with like-minded people in an intimate, hands-on, seasoned, studio environment. As part of the Brand Experience & Design team, Designers play critical roles in shaping the brand vision of IBM, and seeing to it that vision is realized across multiple mediums. This professional must have a strong strategic awareness, work ethic, attention to detail, an acute ability to distill and simplify concepts.
• Help advance brand-led thinking and design execution across the company.
• Take personal responsibility for projects from conception through to execution.
• Develop systems, standards and solutions that scale across IBM.
• Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Collaborate well with others–stakeholders, technical teams, agency partners and other design disciplines.
• Work with senior team members to establish the priority, fidelity and delivery of tasks.
• Help produce prototypes and major presentation preparations.
• Be a spokesperson for the agenda and ambitions of the Brand Experience & Design team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
3+ Years Experience with an emphasis on Brand Expression and/or Systems Design
Degree in Graphic Design
Ability to travel to IBM Brand Experience & Design studios located in New York and San Francisco
Distinguishing good design from bad, careless from well-conceived and crafted.
Creating experiences agnostic medium: digital, experiential and physical.
Problem solving and idea generation, effectively visualizing and realizing concepts end-to-end.
Investigating and innovating new trends creatively with an emphasis on brand experience and design.
Being critical of others and yourself. Asking tough questions. Unafraid to challenge conventions.
Being passionate and positive. You yourself are part of the brand we’re building.
Attention-to-detail, strong organizational skills and time management.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- MFA in Graphic Design
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.