HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Occupational Therapist - Acute Care in Austin, Texas
The Occupational Therapist shall perform highly skilled evaluations of assigned patients; plan, provide and evaluate therapy for assigned patients; complete all necessary oral and written documentation, and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Administers occupational therapy according to ethical standards of the American Occupational Therapy Association, Texas State licensure rules, SAH hospital policies and procedures, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Documents diagnosis of patients and takes all precautions for observing indications and contraindications.
- Maintains accurate records of treatment in accordance with departmental policies.
- Administers re-evaluations and assessments ordered and documents thoroughly and promptly.
- Evaluates patient for self-care, strength, range of motion, balance, mobility and coordination.
- Exhibits knowledge and skill for treatment of general medical pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in treatment of medical patients including orthopedics, hand and upper extremity, and neurological rehabilitation.
- Communicates with attending physicians for clarification or elaboration of prescribed orders.
- Observes and evaluates treatment effect by updating goals, recommending changes to physician, discussing patient's condition and treatment course with physician, and participating in patient discharge planning and follow-up care.
- Assesses patient's psychological needs and provides appropriate intervention and follow-up.
- Assesses the patient's cognitive function and provides appropriate treatment strategies.
- Utilizes the computerized Meditech system for Magic Office and documentation.
- Participates in Hospital-wide process improvement activities.
- Maintains current O.T. license and CPR certification.
- Directs the activities of Occupational Therapy Assistants and therapy techs according to departmental policy and procedures and licensure guidelines.
- Always employs universal precautions when exposed to blood and body fluids.
- Responds to Hospital codes and performs duties accordingly.
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA's and "Patients First" safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
EDUCATION Required: Master's in Occupational Therapy
Required:* Licensed Occupational Therapist by the State Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners. CPR certification.
One year experience as Occupational Therapist Preferred: Hospital experience
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Occupational Therapist - Acute Care
Location: Texas-Austin-South Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00196-58407