Hilton Sales Administrative Assistant - FT in Austin, Texas
The Sales Administrative Assistant is the administrative support to the sales department within the hotel. Sales Managers are responsible for soliciting new and past business for the hotel; this role supports the Sales Team to assist them in bringing in and maintaining this business within the hotel. The Sales Administrative Assistant is the initial point of contact for the sales office either over the phone, via email or through face-to-face client/guest interaction. Candidates must have a high level of professionalism and must be able to communicate with a wide-range of clientèle effectively and efficiently. This role is heavily administrative; candidates must be able to multi-task, work independently and have strong time-management skills.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton WorldwideÆs ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brandÆs reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
As a Administrative Assistant, you would be responsible for providing office support in the hotelÆs continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Answer telephone inquiries in a timely and courteous manner. Request all pertinent information from the caller to be able to forward the call to the appropriate person. Gathers all details related to event and confirms that all contact information (phone & e-mail) is correct.
- Manage delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines and update Directors/Managers
Lead Coordination: Log and distribute leads as received in accordance with marketand territory assignments of sales personnel.
Schedule all internal sales meetings, customer meetings, Site Visits, and any other internal meeting requests made by Sales Managers.
Communicate to external customers any communication deemed necessary by the Sales Manager.
- Assist Sales Managers with coordinating site inspections with potential customers according to the site preparation checklist standards
- Copying/Scanning and distributing of internal/external letters, forms, bookings, contracts, resumes, room lists, schedules, and mail. E-mail correspondence directed by managers as needed.
- Responsible for initiating the preparation of contracts and proposals and proofing for 100% accuracy before returning to Sales Manager
Responsible for organizing and managing Sales Folder in hotel’s internal database. Updates new documents and purges old documents
- Maintain and organize sales files according to standards – When working within sales files ensures that all documents are filed according to File Set-up Standards
Draft business forms and letters according to formal business writing standards
Facilitates auto traces and activities in DMPE to include traces for group historical data, activity entry for sent/received history requests, customer correspondence, site tour and entertainment appointments, etc…
- Ensures all DMPE merge documents are up to date and accurate according to Hilton standards
- Maintain computer data for Sales Department including updating and troubleshooting
- Assists with special projects assigned by management with frequent follow-up outlining what has been completed and what remains to be done. Special projects as required include the following: Incentive Manual, D-base reports, creating and updating forms and correspondence, Client Event planning, etc...
Manages process of On Boarding new staff to include setting agenda for training and internal meetings, setting up all appropriate computer system access (Outlook, DMPE, etc…)At the advanced levels, office administration is about METHODS for handling work; it requires a constant audit of the way a company does things, and willingness to rock the boat for greater economy and efficiency in getting work done. Here are some typical tasks:
Study and review company or department procedures
- ·Recommend management action to improve standard operating procedures.
- Present comparisons on costs, risks, and benefits
- ·Develop and test new procedures
- ·Take part in any administrative meetings to assure secretarial follow-through
- ·Take initiative on requests and inquiries of administrative nature,·
- Prepare and control administrative budgets
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton WorldwideÆs Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Title: Sales Administrative Assistant - FT
Requisition ID: HOT054EL