TRC Companies Senior Biologist in Austin, Texas
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a Senior-Level Biologist to support our Environmental and Natural Resources staff in our Austin, TX office. Projects are mainly focused on transportation projects through Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and development associated with renewable, oil and gas pipeline, and transmission industries across the state.
- The successful candidate is expected to meet the minimum requirements for managing TxDOT transportation National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) contracts (i.e., managed at least 2 transportation NEPA projects plus 5 years of transportation experience or 4 years plus Master of Science degree).
- Extensive experience conducting U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) wetland/stream delineations and Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting required.
- Experience with Endangered Species Act (ESA) Section 7 and 10 consultations, Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT), and/or Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is a plus.
- The position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology or a related field (i.e., Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Aquatic Biology, Botany, Zoology).
- 5-7 years of work experience as described above, or a Master of Science degree plus 4-6 years of work experience.
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently under the direction of the Natural Resources Team Lead, must be eager to learn, and have strong technical report writing skills, interpersonal and communication skills, and organizational skills.
- An average of 25-35% of work time could account for out-of-town traveling and field work.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Austin, TX - East Huntland Dr - AUS4