Ingersoll Rand Trane - HVAC Helper - Austin, TX. in AUSTIN, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVAC Helpers:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives).
This role you will be assisting HVAC Technicians who are the primary service and maintenance contact for Ingersoll Rand/Trane customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial base including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. You will assist in the commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systems in a commercial environment. In order to perform your task you will utilize your knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. In this position you will establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance and service under the direction of the HVAC Technician.
- Responsible for parts deliveries, condenser coil cleaning, tool maintenance and repair, general warehouse work, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years of experience in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple
smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
- This position requires you to join or be a member of the local union.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: AUSTIN-Texas
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 11:49:28 AM